KAPA RNA HyperPrep Kit
The KAPA RNA HyperPrep Kits utilize novel chemistry that enables the combination of enzymatic steps and fewer reaction purifications, resulting in a truly streamlined solution for the preparation of high-quality RNA-seq libraries.
The strand-specific workflow is flexible—supporting library construction from lower-input amounts and degraded samples with ribosomal depletion. Kits contain all reagents required for RNA enrichment (if performed) and library preparation, with the exception of KAPA Adapters (available separately).
Features and Benefits
- Reduced hands-on and overall time through fewer enzymatic and reaction cleanup steps*
- Strand-specific, sequencing-ready libraries from input RNA in ~4 hours*
- Single-day library construction, including mRNA capture and rRNA depletion with the KAPA RNA HyperPrep workflow*
- Robust performance across different sample types and input amounts
The KAPA RNA HyperPrep Kit with RiboErase (HMR) for Illumina sequencing contains all of the buffers and enzymes required for depletion of ribosomal RNA (rRNA) and the rapid construction of stranded RNA-Seq libraries from 25 ng – 1 µg of purified total RNA via the following steps:
- Depletion of rRNA by hybridization of complementary DNA oligonucleotides, followed by treatment with RNase H and DNase to remove rRNA duplexed to DNA and original DNA oligonucleotides, respectively;
- Fragmentation using heat and magnesium;
- 1st strand cDNA synthesis using random priming;
- Combined 2nd strand synthesis and A-tailing, which converts the cDNA: RNA hybrid to double-stranded cDNA (dscDNA), incorporates dUTP into the second cDNA strand for stranded RNA sequencing, and adds dAMP to the 3′ ends of the resulting dscDNA;
- Adapter ligation, where dsDNA adapters with 3′ dTMP overhangs are ligated to library insert fragments; and
- Library amplification, to amplify library fragments carrying appropriate adapter sequences at both ends using highfidelity, low-bias PCR. The strand marked with dUTP is not amplified, allowing strand-specific sequencing.
The kit provides KAPA Pure Beads for reaction cleanups, along with all of the enzymes and buffers required for rRNA depletion, cDNA synthesis, library construction and amplification, but does not include RNA or adapters. KAPA Adapters are sold separately.
Reaction buffers are supplied in convenient formats comprising all of the required reaction components. This minimizes the risk of RNase contamination, ensures consistent and homogenous reaction composition, and improves uniformity among replicate samples. Similarly, a single enzyme mixture is provided for each step of the library construction process, reducing the number of pipetting steps.
In order to maximize sequence coverage uniformity and to maintain relative transcript abundance, it is critical that library amplification bias be kept to a minimum.
KAPA HiFi DNA Polymerase has been designed for low-bias, high-fidelity PCR and is the polymerase of choice for NGS library amplification[1,2,3,4].
The KAPA RNA HyperPrep Kit with RiboErase (HMR) includes KAPA HiFi HotStart ReadyMix (2X) and Library Amplification Primer Mix (10X) for library amplification.
1. Oyola, S.O., et al., BMC Genomics 13, 1 (2012).
2. Quail, M.A., et al., Nature Methods 9, 10 – 11 (2012).
3. Quail, M.A., et al., BMC Genomics 13, 341 (2012).
4. Ross, M.G., et al., Genome Biology 14, R51 (2013).