KAPA UDI Primer Mixes
The KAPA Unique Dual-Indexed (UDI) Primer Mix is used in conjunction with KAPA Universal Adapters to generate uniquely labeled libraries from individual biological DNA samples for next generation sequencing (NGS). Sample indexing during library amplification allows for pooling of libraries prior to target capture or cluster generation and enables multiplexed sequencing. Each is a pre-mixed combination of forward and reverse primers. The primers contain a non-redundant (unique), 8-nucleotide index designed to mitigate index misalignment (“index hopping”) on Illumina sequencers that employ patterned flow cells and exclusion amplification chemistry.
KAPA UDI Primer Benefits
- Compatible with 2- and 4-channel Illumina® instruments, as well as patterned and non-patterned flow cells.
- Easy to incorporate in new and existing Illumina sequencing workflows.
- Functionally tested to confirm high library construction efficiency and minimal levels of adapter-dimer formation.
- Sequencing-based QC testing reduces the potential contribution of barcode cross-contamination to index misassignment.
- Use of non-redundant (unique), 8-nucleotide index mitigates index misalignment (“index hopping”) on Illumina sequencers that employ patterned flow cells and exclusion amplification chemistry.